The Learn More website subscribes to and complies with the voluntary privacy principles contained in South Africa’s Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
Collection of personal data
Where personal information (such as your name, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the site by the user, for example through sending an e-mail, subscribing to a service or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- We collect, process and store only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- We will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- We will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of at least one year from the date on which it was last used.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information to others.
- If information is released with the user’s consent this website will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- We will destroy or delete any personal information under its control that has become obsolete.
Access to personal data
If personal information has been submitted to this website, users who wish to review their personal information may do so by requesting such a review via email. Users will then be able to access their user profile, correct and update their details, or unsubscribe at any time.
Links to other websites
Nothing contained herein creates or is intended to create a contract or agreement between Learn More and any user visiting the website.